How to tell a program to do a set function

hey this is my first post on the forum!

so i play skyrim on my xbox 360 since i cant afford a gaming pc and unlike mods on pc its a bit more complicated to get them on there but ive already converted a couple of mods such as convenient horses and stuff and its not hard to do its just really time consuming because of two steps

1. you have to open the meshes in a program called nifskope then you have to look on the left hand side for a tab called "nitrishapedata" then you expand that tab and look for "num uv sets" if its set to 0 or 4097 then leave it alone if its set to 1 then set it to 4097.

now while that might might not seem like much there can be about 250 meshes give or take and in each mod (big ones) and meshes when opened in nifskope can have about 400 tabs on the left tab sometimes that you have to look through

2. open the textures in paint.net with .dds extension and resize all of them to no bigger than 256 in length or width(sometimes can do 512)

this ones really not that bad

but my questions is how would i tell the program (nifskope) to:
look for tab nitrishapedata
if it doesn't find nitrishapedata then save and close the mesh
if it finds nitrishapedata then expand and look for num uv sets
if it doesnt find num uv sets then search for the next nitrishapedata tab
if it does find num uv sets then check value of them
if value of num uv sets is equal to 0 or 4097 then search for the next nitrishapedata tab
if value of num uv sets is equal to 1 then set to 4097 then search for the next nitrishapedata tab
if there are no new nitrishapedata tabs then save and close mesh

and how would i tell paint.net to
resize all selected files to no bigger that 256 in length or width while keeping proportions

im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place and its not c++ related but i dont exactly know where to begin as the only coding experience ive had was in Kimset in UDK but i know it should be possible somehow if you do have the answer though please explain a little bit so that i may learn something and use it to fix some of my own problems next time
I had not heard about this tool before today, infact I had not known that modding Skyrim on the 360 was even possible before today. But that tool has a VERY well documented API: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/doc/nifskope/

It's just a matter of finding the right data fields now.
thanks for the find! now i just need to try and make sense of what all looks like gibberish to me ......... (5 seconds later) yeah im screwed! XD
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.