minGW vonvert from lib to a files

Hey,

I downloaded minGW in order to get "reimp.exe" which was infortunately not shipped along with devc++ (although the rest of minGW was). So I converted the MSVC-lib-file into an a-file that was compatible for devc++.

But...
I converted d3dx9.lib into libd3dx9.a using "reimp.exe", linked the library, but some things still are not working:

D3DXVECTOR3 eye_vector,lookat_vector,up_vector;

ERROR:
"D3DXVECTOR3 does not name a type"
and when I delete that code, I get the following error:
"[Linker error] undefined reference to '___cpu_features_init'"
I tried to read the definition file (made by "reimp.exe" and used by "dlltool.exe" to create the a-file) and I saw that only functions where mentioned. Maybe that explains why structures as this are not recognised.

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance
[Linker error] undefined reference to '___cpu_features_init'
This error occurs when there's more than one MinGW installation in the system.
Ok I finally succeeded in getting this to work:

- for Helios' solution, I found another solution: Project->Options->Directories and then delete all lib-directories

- There were many executables named "dlltool.exe" under the devc-directory, so it had something to do with that. I copied "reimp.exe" to Dev-Cpp/mingw32/bin/ (instead of to Dev-Cpp/bin where there was also a "dlltool.exe" for some reason) and tried this:
"reimp d3dx9.lib" (instead of "reimp -c d3dx9.lib" which produced an empty libd3dx9.a)
and it worked!

- but there where some things not set right in d3dx9.h of microsoft: d3dx9.h includes several files such as "d3dx9math.h" and d3dx9core.h", which include also the same "d3dx9.h". That resulted in an infinited compiling. I deleted that last thing from the included files such as "d3dx9math.h" and d3dx9core.h"!

I hope this helps some people because I read about this problem for some time on the internet
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.