[Win 8] dplay.h is missing.

Hi, fellow coders! I just started with CDX and DirectX coding, but I get this "dplay.h is missing" error. I've read that DirectX deleted that file, and that downgrading to April 2005 would work. However, I don't seem to be able to downgrade. What could I do about it?

//LEGOlord208 - Appreciates any help
Change the part of your code that relies on that header file. Do you know what functions you are calling from it?
That header was last used in 2007 edition of DirectX SDK and then removed entirely:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chuckw/archive/2012/08/22/directx-sdk-s-of-a-certain-age.aspx

You should use more recent versions of DirectX SDK these days.
Last edited on
Thank you all for answering :D
I was expecting the website to send me an email. Sorry for late answer.

1 answer: I do have the ability to find that.
2 answer: Recent, is that latest or older versions? I think it is the latest versions ;)
Sure your do, go into the header files that you are including in your project and try ctrl + f. Header files are always stored in plain text.

Sure your do, go into the header files that you are including in your project and try ctrl + f. Header files are always stored in plain text.

Actually the thing is that I am using CDX, but I can access it anyways :D
Ctrl+F... Crtl+F... Lemme try ;)

Find+Replace menu comes up...
Then find and don't replace.
Then find and don't replace.

Sure. Could you please make a list about what I am going to do, instead of saying one thing every message, because I think it's easier and goes faster.
Last edited on
- Locate every instance of "#include" in your source code.

- Open all of the files they indicate.

- Identify which one is including "dplay.h" and comment that source file out from YOUR source code.

- Recompile to see which functions break.

- Replace those functions with their more modern versions.
- Locate every instance of "#include" in your source code.

- Open all of the files they indicate.

- Identify which one is including "dplay.h" and comment that source file out from YOUR source code.

- Recompile to see which functions break.

- Replace those functions with their more modern versions.

Ok, thanks :D
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.