Debugging DLL- Is this possible?

I am transferring multiplayer/online services for Crysis Wars to my own online service, and have so far been able to add a test server to the in-game server list, but however I cannot assign its ID properly and as a result, cannot connect to it.

I am using the Visual Studio 2013 debugger to debug my mod DLL, but however the call-stack only shows which functions are being called when there is an error.
I suspect that I'm not executing a function that should be executed when adding a server to the ingame server list, and as a result I want to see which functions are being called at certain times.

I currently use breakpoints, but however they do not provide the insight I actually need.

Is this possible, and if so how do I do it?
If not, are there any suggestions on how I could alternatively go about this?

I have tried pausing the debugger, but however it asks for a CryAnimation symbol file (for CryAnimation.dll) of which I do not have (as the CryAnimation.dll is not open-source like the mod DLL).
Last edited on
If you want to watch in real time which functions are used, use some log mechanism, like traces to file or console like this http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/E36AC542/ .
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.