Need help

Hey guyz i am new to coding scene never did programming or coding i have to change windows class name of a progam in one forum one guy posted this Open OllyDBG, open or attach to the NetShark program, and search for CreateWindowA/W/ExA/ExW() API calls in the NetShark module. Once you're there you can do a number of things, I would recommend simply stepping through the program until the lpClassName is assigned, then restart, and follow the calls to where it's assigned, and then change it directly from the source.
I dont no how to do this if any one do this through teamviewr please?
*Netshark is the program!
OllyDBG translates running code into Assembly, not C or C++ so there's your first problem. I can tell you right now that you're in over your head. That's not meant to be mean, although I'm sure it is offensive, I mean it as an observation based on what you have written here. What you have doesn't make a lot of sense, and I get the impression that who ever fed you the line about changing the class name is just leading you on (source?), it happens all of the time. There might be some valid reason for changing what WNDCLASS instance is being created, but you would have to tell me what it is and it's more likely to crash the program then it is to accomplish what you are trying to do.
I am using a hack name Netshark in game counter strike 1.6 anticheat blocking the hack name and its windows class name so the owner of the hack told me to change windows class name of the hack thats what i have to do can you help me in this?
I can either ignore my moral outrage about helping to facilitate cheating on a game that I happen to enjoy my self, or (read as XOR) I can help you with your half-assed hackery. I won't do both and so I choose the first.

The correct solution to this, if Valve is really being that lazy about it which I highly doubt is the case here, is to grab the source code from the author and modify the data there, recompile the binary and go. This will also change the hash of the binary more so then simply modifying the text on disk would so it will also increase you chances of success in avoiding detection. To answer your question though, no, I don't know assembly well enough to relay the instructions to you in a way that you would be able to use.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.