mciSendString problem under Windows 7

Hi

I have an old program which I wrote yet under Windows 98 using Windows API. I used MCI interface for the video functions. Everything worked fine until Windows 7. Under Windows 7 a call to mciSendString used to wind a video to a specific point results in the program hanging.

This only happens if mciSendString is called after a mouse click. There is a window that displays the subtitle file. Clicking on a line in that window makes the program calculate the time point where the video should be wound. The cursor can also be moved between the lines using the keyboard. In that case nothing wrong happens: the program calculates the time point and winds the video to that point. But if I click with the mouse on a text line, then the program winds the video but hangs immediately after that.

I could not find the exact code line where the program hangs. It seems to have something to do with the message handling and, when the program is executed from the debugger, messages are not the same. That's why I could not catch the exact place.

But does anybody know what is the difference between handling mciSendString in Windows 7 and in older versions and why it can result in the program hanging?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.