WinApi vs standard library?

Hello every one!

If I wanted to do sth in winapi app, is it better to use standard library or winapi functions? I'd like to use standard functions because they are fast, easy, often oo, portable (so you don't have to learn how to do sth just on windows), well documented. Is it possible, that by using standard ways of doing things I lose some features?

Thanks in advance.
Hi OP, this field is already an acronym wasteland without people introducing new ones. What does 'STH' stand for?
Apparently sth means s'n'n

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sth

Andy
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Computergeek01 wrote:
What does 'STH' stand for?
...because there are no seats.

sth=something
Last edited on
Oh, so my suspicions were right and this is just an asinine question then.

@ OP: Your question is too broad and generalized to answer completely. But if I had to say 'sth' then it would be this: It doesn't matter, just get it done. You will waste more time investigating the "best way" to do something then it would take you to actually write something from start to finish. There are a bunch of things that you have to use the WinAPI for right now so in those cases you don't have a choice. You want something that isn't object oriented to support the concept? Then wrap it, problem solved.
Ok, sorry for that slang and thank you for replay, guys. So it's safe to use standard library as long as it does what I want. That's great news, since I don't have to learn how to manipulate txt files again, for example, I can just do it. Thank you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.