Is Win API bad/outdated?

I've been personally using it since I started with GUI programming and so far I haven't found anything I don't like about it, but I did read several times that it wasn't updated since 16 bit windows, that its old, crap and w/e... so I've been wondering if anyone knows if its been updated ,if it will keep on getting updates and generally ,if I should stick with it or switch to something else ,and if so what should I use for Windows GUI programming , especially something that will work with windows IoT (windows for embedded devices ,like raspberry pi)

Thanks!
it wasn't updated since 16 bit windows

that's definitely stupid statement. Of course it has been updated (every windows release) through all the years. The thing that has not changed is the interface, since windows main goal was backward compatibility. But from what i read this goal is supposed to be neglected with win 10 and further since release of WinRT. So i think it is essential for windows developer to do his research about it ( https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br211377.aspx ).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.