Code::Block Installing Error

Some one please, I am trying to install codeblock with extension as .exe if I click installing it returns error saying the "download of the program was not complete or media damage, go back and download new one". The file was about 29.2mb with extension as .exe, I downloaded it from sourceforge. Can some one explain what that error really mean.
Let's just break the error message apart:

download of the program was not complete:
You either interrupted the download, tried to run the installer before the download was complete, or had a network error during the download. In all of the cases, the download didn't complete. Just download the installer again and wait for the download to complete and you should be fine.

media damage:
Less probable, the file or your hard drive was damaged before you tried to install it. Blue screens during the download could cause this, but it's very unlikely this happened. In case this was the case, try downloading the installer again and you should be fine in most cases.

download a new one:
The advice, just try again. The file you downloaded wasn't complete. Downloading it again will most likely solve your problem.

Before you run into any errors. If you want a compiler you should use the codeblocks mingw setup (or download mingw seperately). CodeBlocks is just the IDE, it requires a compiler. The mingw setup comes with the mingw compiler. The reason I'm saying is, is because of the fact you told the file was around 29.2MB, which is the version without mingw. To prevent future errors (cannot find a compiler), I'm telling you this upfront.
Yes, I have downloaded mingw successfully but while installing it, I get the following error: "Your connection appears to have dropout. Reconnect your dial up or check your IE proxy settings." more help please.
Your internet just drops, are you sure your network settings are OK? You could also try another browser. This has nothing to do with CodeBlocks though. Your internet just doesn't work long enough to finish the download. I know Firefox just waits until it reconnects, I don't know about IE though.
Dear moderator, I have successfully installed codeblock and I have turbor c++ installed already. Now, what do i need to do?
Last edited on
I'm not a moderator, just a forum member trying to help.

The first time you open Code::Blocks it should give you a list of installed compilers (if it can find your compiler). You should pick the default one you like to use (the turbo c++ compiler in your case, or any other compiler you like). If it cannot find your compiler, you can manually add it in the compiler settings and choosing the root path of where to find your compiler. This root path should have a subdirectory named "bin" which contains your compiler. But Code::Blocks usually figures this out by default on your first startup.
Last edited on
Codeblock and mingw is it surported to window 8?
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Chikwado wrote:
Codeblock and mingw is it surported to window 8?

Code::Blocks with mingw 16.01 is compatible for Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8.x / 10, according to the C::B downloads page. If it didn't support Win 8 the installer would display a different error message than incomplete download.

I know MinGW works fine with Win 10, it is one of the compilers I use.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.