[Visual C++] Need assistance with the "Visual" aspect...

Well i recently moved on from visual basic to C++ (good news i hope!) and i am having a problem with some of the "visual" aspects of developing. Even though i got the program at a discounted rate since i am a student, it would be nice to start off on the right foot.

Getting to my problem... I know in visual C++ there is less drag and drop support than visual basic (hence why every beginner usually starts with VB) but since the program name is VISUAL C++ i was hoping there was a tiny bit of help in making the GUI (drag and drop) and the only sort of help i can find is with my about box... i have found out how to edit the about box and all but where do you edit the actual program like this (able to resize manually and drop some objects on it) - basically where is the visual aspect for editing the main program?

see here:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2d81aqg.png

all i know how to edit visually is the about box :(

Last edited on
In VC++ 2005 (which is what I use), and I assume 2008, what you get included in the project depends on what you select in the 'New Project' wizard.

To get the visual designer up you need to be using .Net (at least, that appears to be the case, I havent tried all the options). So Select CLR as the project type, and 'Windows Forms Application' as the template and you should find you have 'Form1.h' which has the visual elements.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.