How to locate the stack overflow?

Hello, C++ers,

I am writing a C++ code using MS Visual Studio. When I run it, a dialogue box showed:

Unhandled exception at 0x009CDDA9 in dgtwo2.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow (parameters: 0x00000000, 0x000B2000).

Any idea how to locate the place where a stack overflow happened, based on the above information? Many thanks!

nsi
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
You need to debug your program (F5) and then step through your code until the error occurs.

Posting your code here, if short enough, would not hurt so more experienced people could have a look. I'm still more of a noob myself. :)
The code is too big (> 5k lines). F5 is exactly what I did and then the above error information appeared. I believe it was a stack overflow and since the code is big I need to locate.
Learning how to debug with VS (or any compiler/IDE) is not something easily explained in a single, short 8,000+ character post. All I can do is point you to a resource to learn on you own, at your pace:

Introduction to Debugging
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2015/08/11/introduction-to-debugging/

Thanks very much, FurryGuy! I appreciate it!
You are welcome. :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.