Can't create C++ project on Visual Studio 2017

I recently installed VS 2017 and I can't create project. I had installed it before and updating VS fixed my problem but now I can't see any notifications to update, even if I press "Help" I somehow can't see "Check For Updates" option. I've only installed C++ components.
Last edited on
What exactly is the problem that happens when you try to create the project? Or do you just not know how?
Trying to create project, select console, click next then finish and no files created in the project. It just creates sln file in project directory and nothing else
Last edited on
So you can make the project but you need the actual files. Select View->Solution Explorer then right click on source files and click add new
Yes, and I just create project in VS 2013 and open but VS 2017 shouldn't have such problem. Maybe my version is corrupted
Probably corrupted, I remeber I can't even build boost libraries with console
So just to make sure: In VS2017 you click File->New->Project then select Visual C++->Empty Project. You then click View->Solution Explorer and then in the solution explorer you right click Source Files then click Add->New item. And all of this does nothing? It doesn't even give you an error?

P.S. After creating the project Ctrl+Shift+A is a shortcut to add source files.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.