MFC Dialogbox properties in VC++ 2010

Hi all. Currently I am a n00b at MFC designing in VC++. I use a book learn C++ in 21 days to learn MFC. It follows VC++ 6.0. There its written, to bring up a dialog box or combobox properties, just right click on the combobox and select properties. The another small window would open where you can add links and stuff. But I dont know in VC++ 2010, I just cannot open that window anyhow! Right clicking and hitting properties open the sidebar Properties pane, but no no Properties editing window. Please help. Stuck at this, terribly.
Somebody reply please... I'm just starting to learn.
What exactly are you trying to do?

(using a book designed around VC++ 6 to find your way around VC 2010 is not the best idea.)
Last edited on
I am trying to create a dialog-box based application that features a combo-box (drop-down menu) where I can add items like Notepad, Paint and Soltaire. There would be a button to launch the app. In the VC++ 6.00 to add those, all you have to do is to right click on the combo box and select properties, which in turn would reveal a new window where there are multiple options to get the job done. i tried it myself on VC++ 6.0 but in 2010 version, right-clicking and selecting properties does not open any such windows. If you have programmed in MFC in VC++ 2010, you could tell me how you did this thing, i.e, add items to a combo-box ???
I just used Visual Studio 2010 (Ultimate Edition) to create an MFC Dialog based application.
Used the tool box to drag a combobox onto the dialog.
Right clicked on the combobox and selected properties and the properties for the combobox came up with absolutely no problems at all.

I have uploaded a screenshot here (click on image to show full size)
http://yfrog.com/eudialogscreenshotj

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.