a windows application got blue screen

we got an old windows application which calls a dll which intermittently got blue screen. since I can't replicate the problem, I am tyring to identify some suspicious code. One come to my mind, but not sure, is about update GUI. A background thread tries to disable a button in a screen by aButton->EnableWindow(FALSE);

I remember GUI update can only done by GUI thread. Do you think it is the problem and usually how to handle such a case ? any advice ?

thanks
There is not enough information to know because we don't know what aButton is or how it was written to know what EnableWindow was doing. If you can't replicate it then there is no way to determine what it is.
Blue screen 101: Only device drivers or in general, kernel mode code can produce a blue screen. This means that your application is technically not guilty unless it installs a device driver.

Your application could simply be exposing a flaw in a device driver somewhere.

EDIT: You should also write down the STOP error codes and look them up. Microsoft has a database of these errors and a search on this could prove fruitful.
Last edited on
thanks William and Web
it is very hard to post my code.. I am still trying to figure out. Once I got a clue, will updat you guys.

thanks
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.