QT || MFC

Hello everybody...

Actually I'm a beginner C++, I've been already coding for console,but now I think it's the time to move to window application,
So my question is (QT or MFC ) Which is better and Why?

Note:
I really wanna be a games programmer in near future , if that may effect my choice for GUI programming

Thanks
Any answers
MFC is out of date and really Windows specific.
QT is platform independent and easy to handle.

But for game programming you need to know about media frameworks. Like DirectX (Windows), OpenGL (Windows, Linux, ...), Allegro, ...

I would suggest you to concentrate on an os independent GUI framework like QT, GTK or wxWidgets. Later in future you are able to study the graphic libraries.
IMO
QT is very good because it is platform independent and has some multimedia support built-in, but for windows only specific applications better use MFC (or both :D ).
Game programming for windows uses a very, very limited set of application specific API calls.

Basically, register a window and create a window.

If you already know how to do that, then you know probably about 80% of what you need to know about windows programming.

Move onto the lower level graphics programming, such as DirectX, OpenGL.

Or use a higher level API:

Ogre3D, Irrlict, etc.

Don't bother with QT or MFC at all.

Last edited on
Thanks for all for replies.
and for "roberts" I really wanna be a games programmer, but I want to learn windows programming first, because in my country there is no place for games development, so I just wanna be sure that when I graduate I will find a work or I will be cooking with my mom at home :) .
If you want to learn Windows programming, don't shield yourself from it with a framework.

But if your worried about employment after graduation, go with the one used in your country most, but keep an eye on the one that is updated most.
Last edited on

But if your worried about employment after graduation, go with the one used in your country most, but keep an eye on the one that is updated most.
, This is the advice that I was looking for, I'll keep that in my mind.

Thanks roberts
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.