Building a GUI with C++ & Visual Studio

closed account (365X92yv)
Could someone help me walkthrough the process of building a graphic user interface? I've got the code of my program to run but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the 2348594859 different types of programs or libraries people claim to be "idiot-proof". I'm getting really frustrated because I can't understand any of the stupid files included in the libraries or any of the manuals that explain how they're supposed to work. All I want is to make a f%#$in box with buttons that start timers. How hard is it to do? Seriously. I hate c++. Developer's my a$$.
you might want to read this. please read it and try to grasp what is being taught, i learnt Win32 programming from this book and you can too!

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/
If you hate C++, then there's no hope at all in learning how to build a graphical user interface with C++. The least thing you have to know and be good at when you wanna write interfaces is classes and inheritance (polymorphism). So if you're saying you hate it from the start, you'll never learn.

If you want to avoid managed C++, just try Qt, it's a very simple C++ library and interface for Windows widgets.

www.qt-project.org

and I promise you, you won't find the examples there so difficult.

But eventually, just be optimistic, and don't say you "hate" it, because that would never help.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.