Keep application focus while Windows is Locked

I am looking for a way to have my application stay on the screen while Windows is locked. Has anyone been able to do this?

I have Lync 2010 as my Phone system, and I want to write an app that can answer the call while Windows is locked. The problem is that if I use the softphone (no hardware on my desk) I miss calls while unlocking my computer. I want to be able to display a button on the screen that would answer the call. I have one headset that has a call answer button on it, but I don't want to order only that one type of headset (the sound quality sucks).

I know that I can manipulate Lync through the API as long as I can have the button display on the screen.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
The lock screen is an entirely different desktop, and only very few applications can display on it (security reasons, of course). But yes, it is possible. According to mon11 in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssecurity/thread/4aadadbd-fc3d-4239-ba0f-4d81f17ec938 , the process is rather straightforward. Try it out. Remember that you probably need to be running as SYSTEM or else it won't work.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.