Program portability among Windows users.

I've been working on a console program for a few days now. Yesterday I tried the .exe on another machine with windows 7. When I ran it I got the following error message, "MSVCR100D.dll is missing". Now from what I've read on the internet this message is displayed because I've compiled my program as the debug configuration and not release. I'm unable to try a release build at the moment but I have a sneaky suspicion this isn't going to work still.

If it's just a case of needing this dll present on the users machine, is there anyway of making this dll incorporated into my stand alone executable? I'd like to avoid making an installer for such a tiny console program. (I'd just prefer it to be a stand alone .exe if possible)

If anybody can point me in the right direction on how I can go about this I'd be really greatful.

Here a little information you may or may not need..

includes used..

#include <windows.h> (Wincon.h)
#include <stdio.h>
#include <time.h>

ide used..

Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

o/s..

Windows 7 Pro

Thanks for your time!

If it's just a case of needing this dll present on the users machine, is there anyway of making this dll incorporated into my stand alone executable?

Yes, by linking the runtime library statically.
Try installing this on the problematic machine:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
The debug version is not redistributable. MSVCR100D.dll is the debug version of the CRT.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.