Compiler Help

Hi I have learned c++ as well as c# and want make an even simpler version of c called C Simplice. I understand how compilers work but keep getting stuck on parsing and generating the code. does anyone have any ideas on helping me figure this out??
Last edited on
More simple than C?
Learn modern BASIC dialects like PureBasic, BlitzBasic, FreeBasic, ...
This programming languages give you all possibilities for rapid application development and features for advanced programming techniques.
Try to start with a project with less risk of becoming vaporware.
Just have a look at the source code of GCC to get an idea of the complexity behind a compiler.
Parsing and generating the code is all a compiler is about, so if you get stuck with it it's just not for you at the moment.
>>Just have a look at the source code of GCC to get an idea of the complexity behind a compiler.

where could I find this?? I have tried looking for source code of compilers even decompiling one (didn't work).
Thanks!!
Hey i made a compiler of sorts, it compiles the main.sf file into a corresponding batch file. If you want to find it with a copy of how to use the language the compiler a simple program and a definition of syntax for Notepad ++, you can find the zip on my website http://blueokiris.webs.com
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.