What is better for a console game

Okay so i am making a console game and the problem is:

1.In my project i am wondering if i should use more header files, like to put the voids in them and stuff, or is it better to do it in the main?

2.I am stuck at the Map,i have made different map ways, Read From File, Cout, Char.
But the problem is because i use CLS (Clear Screen) i get something like lags, so i want those lags out of the picture :D , but it doesn't lag only when i use cout.

3.In my game i got many stuff let's say an Arena so is it better to use a void that contains the whole arena or is it better to do that in the main?

And the last Collision i am stuck at that :)

i use gotoxy void to get the ConsoleCursorPosition and that is how the map works
so i only know how to make something like Fake Colission.

Riper97 wrote:
1.In my project i am wondering if i should use more header files, like to put the voids in them and stuff, or is it better to do it in the main?

Most people say making the main file crowded makes it difficult for you/others to read/go over to correct mistakes.
Most people say making the main file crowded makes it difficult for you/others to read/go over to correct mistakes.

Yea i that is why i started using headers , i got a little lost and it sometimes made me very nervous :)

I also will mention something for the map:
Using Read From File i know how to get from line and char so i use char

But the problem is the cout , cos every movement Clears the screen and the lags come because on every movement it opens the file and reads it then print it. So i need to somehow open that file only one time and cout forever without reading the file every frame :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.