edit: need some help

Thank you!
Last edited on
Well, a solution(probably easyer) would be to just read the whole line first, then separate the line in 3 parts, based on the ",".
Then you convert the 2 string variables to floats using atof
Reference to atof = http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/atof/?kw=atof
Something like this
Please note that the code might have some errors(probably typing since it was writen directly in the browser on this page)
ifstream fIn("file.in");
if(fIn.is_open())
{
  while(fIn.good())
  {
    string line;
    getline(fIn, line);
    string firstFloat = line.substr(0, (line.find_first_of(",") - 1)); // this assignts to firstFloat the value of the first number by copying from the beginning to the position of the coma - 1 because you don't want to include the coma as well
    string secondFloat = line.substr((line.find_last_of(",") + 1),  string::npos); // the second float number
    float f1 = atof(firstFloat.c_str());
    float f2 = atof(secondFloat.c_str());
    and the rest of your code doing what you want with the 3 values.
    also note that i didn't extract the city name but you can do it the same way using substr and the position of the 2 commas. 
Last edited on
Thanks! Got a clean conversion now but I need a better while loop, mine does nothing. Anyway you can help?
About what while loop are you talking about?
You don't have any more code posted.
the one he deleted so somebody could not see it. same with his thread he started called "Good stuff" and all it says is good stuff so I wouldn't even bother helping him
Last edited on
I figured out another solution thank you nedo.
Last edited on
@nedo: you are stopping too late
while( geline(input, line) )
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.