Need ideas

closed account (EwCjE3v7)
hello there i need idea/tasks for what to make...

i would like something challanging but not to hard....

i only know if statements,while loops,for loop,funtions,multiple funtions,perameters.

thank you
make something that takes in a series of inputs and then displays them back in opposite order of which they were received.

eg

would be displayed back as
Here is something:

Make a program that says knock-knock jokes. Store the jokes in string format. Make a menu that gives the user two choices: Tell a joke, or quit. If he selects the former, display a random joke, then display the punchline/answer. Use functions, loops, and either switches, or if blocks

I made this up myself.

If you don't mind, tell me what you come up with.
There's always Project Euler. It is a pretty good website for challenging how you implement mathematics with programming.
Here is something:

Make a program that says knock-knock jokes. Store the jokes in string format. Make a menu that gives the user two choices: Tell a joke, or quit. If he selects the former, display a random joke, then display the punchline/answer. Use functions, loops, and either switches, or if blocks

I made this up myself.

If you don't mind, tell me what you come up with
great idea! except make quit and tell a joke do the same thing and then send the result to all your friends :D

is either switches switch() case: or is it something i just havent heard of before?
great idea! except make quit and tell a joke do the same thing and then send the result to all your friends :D

is either switches switch() case: or is it something i just havent heard of before?

switch() case: but you can also do:
if (condition)
     \\code
else if (condition)
     \\code
else if (condition)
     \\code
else
     \\code

Some ideas:
- In the olden days people made text based rpgs.

- Try replicating simple games like hangman.

- Go back to your previous codes and try to refine them and add features.

- Try to think of a program that you could actually use for example if you can't decide something make a program that will decide for you.

Something like:
How many things are you having trouble deciding today?

1. Eat beef
2. eat chicken
3. eat pork

you should eat chicken.

also check this post out:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/
Thank you all..If other ppl have more please suggest thanks
If you are just a beginner then dont look for making huge programs , but instead look for small challenges ,
As a programmer what skill you need most is problem solving , so you can solve project euler problems(projecteuler.net). Those problems are enough to keep you busy a long long time.

If you would like to do some projects then some ideas could be an expression evaluator(calculator) , games like tictactoe etc.
Last edited on
Thanks ...yeah I just need small challenges ...thanks
anymore ideas
make a guess my number game. This game will give instructions, get the user's guess and tell the user whether he is too high or too low. When the user guesses correctly, the program should ask if the player wants to play again.
Some pseudocode:

think of a random number
get the user's guess
if the guess is too high
tell the user
if the guess is too low
tell the user
if the guess is correct
tell the user
if the user wants to play again
play again
else
quit

that should get you started

Superdude already made that..Thank you anyway...Anymore
Last edited on
closed account (1v5E3TCk)
i shared sme exercises or beginners yesterday but i wont continue you can look that topics
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.