Can you use Const Int with decimals?

I am writing a program that allows the user to input a dollar amount and in return gives them the amount of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters in that dollar amount. I am using the following code to set the constant value of each nickels, dimes, and quarters.

const int Nickel = 5;
   const int Dime = 10;
   const int Quarter = 25;

Below that I am doing

cout << "There are " << ((dollars * 100) / Nickel) << " nickels in " << dollars << " dollar(s)." << endl;
   cout << "There are " << ((dollars * 100) / Dime) << " dimes in " << dollars << " dollar(s)." << endl;
   cout << "There are " << ((dollars * 100) / Quarter) << " quarters in " << dollars << " dollar(s).\n\n" << endl;

I would prefer to replace the value of nickels, dimes, and quarters with a decimal value so that I didn't have to multiply by 100 and then divide. However, when I try that the program crashes when it tries to calculate these values.

Is this possible to do or do I have to go another route?
You can't use const int with fractional numbers, but your can use float or double.

const double Nickel = 0.05;
    const double Dime = 0.10;
    const double Quarter = 0.25; 
    const double dollars = 10.0;

cout << "There are " << (dollars / Nickel) << " nickels in " << dollars << " dollar(s)." << endl;
    cout << "There are " << (dollars / Dime) << " dimes in " << dollars << " dollar(s)." << endl;
    cout << "There are " << (dollars / Quarter) << " quarters in " << dollars << " dollar(s).\n\n" << endl;

I removed the "const double dollars = 10.0" because I want dollars to be defined by the user as shown in the code below:

int dollars;
   cout << name << ", please enter a whole dollar amount (greater than 1) to \nconvert to the coin currency equivelant: ";
   cin >> dollars;

Leaving that out everything worked perfectly though. Thank you much.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.