main.cpp does not appear in console of code::blocks

Write your question here.

My first try with code::blocks was related to my search for a c++ compiler to run programs from The Audio Programming Book... I got a message for #include <iostream> : No such file or directory. Someone told there may be a problem with paths...

After a few days of trying how to get a c++ compiler up and running I bought jumping_into_c++.pdf. I was surprised to see that it also wanted me to use code::blocks. I did not do a new download. I opened up the console from my previous download and opened a new project. The pdf tutorial said I should see main.cpp on the left... but it's not there.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

tom

It sounds like C::B is not properly configured.

Assuming it is, are you sure you started a C++ command-line program project? (And not a C project?)
Try this:

Open up a codeblocks project pres (shift+ctrl, maybe twice) you should a pane on the left come up and disappear, press (shift+ctrl) such that the left pain is left open, you''l notice a tab written managment on your left, make sure that on the bar right below it "project is selected" you will now see your project name, click on it-> click sources i hope main.cpp will be there if not.. i think you should reinstall code blocks:)

hope this works!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.