Best C++ Beginner Book

Hello,
I'm starting to learn C++, but the tutorials that you can find in the internet only teach you how to use C++ as a calculator, then a book will be very good, someone can indicate me a good title, remember that i want to build console apps.

Thanks,
Nathan Paulino Campos
Im glad i picked up the book that i did. Its clear, easy to understand and covers all basics in depth and some advanced topics. However cliche it might be, C++ for Dummies 5th Edition really helped me grasp a better understanding of the language. I dont know if it can help you in your console apps quest but its a suggestion.

How to Program C++ 6th edition....
I never learned how to code in C++ from one book. Different books hold different information. I would suggest going on amazon or ebay and trying to find a cheap copy of C++ for Dummies or Practical C++ Programming instead of blowing $40 on a new book.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I would recommend that you make a list of the various book sugestions and spend a bit of time in you local book store scanning through some of them, only you can decide if they are the right book for you.

To add to your list:
Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup
http://www.research.att.com/~bs/programming.html
accelerated c++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo.

Good if you're not interested in under the covers stuff.
Core C++ A Software Engineering Approach by Victor Shtern has helped me a lot. Tons of small examples explain not only how to write programs, but also why C++ was designed the way it is (encapsulation, data hiding, etc...). Focus is on core C++ so samples are easily compiled in console mode.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.