Is This Possible?

I have been making an rpg game that is set in the console @ is player # is wall and so on. but one of the features i was wanting to put into the game i have no idea how to do.

Basically what I want to do is have an area that has lets say 6 purchasable sections in it. once all 6 sections are purchased then the program automatically creates a new area identical to the first one.

my idea is have something along the lines of

a function that holds an array for the map and then basically it will duplicate the original array and add it in to be used further in the game.

I feel like this is a really confusing question. I'm sorry. :/ But thank you so much anyways. i will try to explain better if needed draw you a diagram in paint and post it on the website or something of basically what i want to see visually in game.

you can find my entire program here:(scroll to the bottom to see the map arrays)

https://sites.google.com/site/temprpgquestion/go-here-for-the-program
I'm not sure what your asking is possible, well, I'm sure everything is possible but how I'm not sure on the how..

My idea is that you re-populate the original array, move the char @ back to the starting point and call it level 2, or next level. Anyway that sounds like what your trying to do.

If that is not close to your goal, then I suggest going ahead and creating each array that you want them to access, just put a lock on it so they can't see it or get to it without unlocking it...

Hope one of those ideas help.
thanks. i agree with just having a set number of arrays with a lock. that i can do no problem.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.