std_lib_facilities.h errors

hi all,
this is my first post! i have been struggling with this issue for 2 days now, im using stroustrup's second edition and trying to use the header std_lib_facilities.h, it works in Visual studio 10, but i get a heap of errors:
1>------ Build started: Project: Hello World!, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> hello_world.cpp
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(71): error C2868: 'std::vector<_Ty,_Ax>::size_type' : illegal syntax for using-declaration; expected qualified-name
1> c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(95) : see reference to class template instantiation 'Vector<T>' being compiled
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(71): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(71): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(80): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'initializer_list'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(80): error C2535: 'Vector<T>::Vector(void)' : member function already defined or declared
1> c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(75) : see declaration of 'Vector<T>::Vector'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(102): error C2868: 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>::size_type' : illegal syntax for using-declaration; expected qualified-name
1> with
1> [
1> _Elem=char,
1> _Traits=std::char_traits<char>,
1> _Ax=std::allocator<char>
1> ]
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(102): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '='
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(102): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(213): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(213): error C2275: 'std::tr1::uniform_int_distribution<>' : illegal use of this type as an expression
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(213): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(222): error C2988: unrecognizable template declaration/definition
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(222): error C2059: syntax error : 'using'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(243): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(243): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(243): error C2988: unrecognizable template declaration/definition
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(243): error C2059: syntax error : '<'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(251): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
1>c:\users\tom\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\hello world!\hello world!\std_lib_facilities.h(251): error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

i apologise for all the writing, but im desperate! i saw there was a similar thread, but i couldnt actually see what "fixed" the guys problems!
so please, help me obiwan kenobi your my only hope!
thankyou to whoever helps me out!!
We usually don't include the std_lib_facilities directly, but rather include the iostream header.

Aceix.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/152503/
get a beginner friendly book!
The second edition of the book uses C++11 features; you need a compiler that is more recent.

Download a more current version of Visual Studio from here:
http://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs#d-express-windows-desktop

You have chosen an excellent book (in the opinion of many experts, the best beginner's book) for learning C++.
You just need a newer compiler.

The language used in this book is C++11 with a few C++14 features.
If your compiler does not support C++11, get a new compiler. Good, modern C++ compilers can be downloaded from a variety of suppliers; see www.stroustrup.com/compilers.html. Learning to program using an earlier and less supportive version of the language can be unnecessarily hard.

In the interim, if you do not want to wait till you install the newer compiler, follow the instructions in the book for a temporary fix (for the first program):

How do you find std_lib_facilities.h? If you are in a course, ask your instructor. If not, download it from our support site www.stroustrup.com/Programming. But what if you don’t have an instructor and no access to the web? In that case (only), replace the #include directive #include "std_lib_facilities.h" with

#include<iostream>
#include<string>
#include<vector>
#include<algorithm>
#include<cmath>
using namespace std;
inline void keep_window_open() { char ch; cin>>ch; }

This uses the standard library directly, will keep you going until Chapter 5, and will be explained in detail later.
right so after a long time and rather slow broadband, i now have visual studio 13, and IT WORKS!!! very happy, thank you all for taking your time to help me out!!!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.