HELP basic program

So for my first assignment in my computer programming class I'm completely lost.

Here is the prompt:
Everyone likes a good sale. However, it can be such a pain when sales are simply marked with the discounted percentage, when what you really want is the actual amount that you have to pay. Write a program that can be used for an app to compute and print the sale price of an item, when you have the original price and the sale percentage. Assume that both the original price and the sale percentage are whole numbers. The computed sale price is always a whole number. In your program set the original price to $480 and the sale percentage to 25%. Save your program in a file called sale.c (25 points)

I understand the basic coding but everytime i try to actually write out the code it doesn't work.

the basic coding my professor gave us for the product of two numbers is as follows:

/*Program Header*/

#include <stdio.h>

intmain(){
/* declare variables for each integer */
intnum1, num2, product;

/* assignment of variables */
num1 = 3;
num2 = 2;

/* Computing the product of the two numbers */
product = num1 * num2;

/* Printing out the product of the two numbers */
printf(“The product of %d and %d is %d”, num1, num2, product);
system(“Pause”);

return 0;
}
First, please use the code tags in your posts. See http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/
(You can edit your previous post.)

Fix the syntax errors, change the values, update the equation, and make the text that prints to match the topic.

Surely you know how to calculate the discounted price from original?
Put [ code][ /code] around your code. Whats the code you tried?
and to get the percent you could do int answer = 480 * 0.25;
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.