text-based online RPG game

Sooo. Hello again. I heard that making text-based RPG games with C++ is not the best choice but still can be done. My question is if I can make it online somehow so when you open the the website the console is displayed or with an application like mudlet. Is it possible and if yes is it very difficult? Thank you in advance.

about mudlet: http://www.mudlet.org
Why don't you make it flash-based or with HTML?
I only know C++ and still I am just a beginner so I would like to concentrate on one language so I don't mix them up.
It's possible, but it won't be easy when you're just starting out. Mudlet API is written in Lua by the way.

If by 'online' you mean 'runs in a browser' then you could just get something like xampp and run some basic javascript that emulates a console on localhost.
you wont get C++ working on the web without some serious programming skills.

browsers run scripts, so you will need a scripting language for the client side.

web servers also run scripts so you will need a scripting language for that also, like PHP or something.

in order to get a C++ mud working over the internet you will need to do some network programming, which is massively more complicated than a text based rpg.
Thank you for your replies. I decided to keep it offline for start.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.