Rendering

What is rendering and how do i use it? is it like a function or is it some kind of expression/process?? I've tried typing over google and couldn't find much (meaning im a lousy searcher or this topic is not there much).

Thnx in advance
Hi,

Rendering has to do with graphics. There will be functions in a graphics library that will do it. Although I suggest there is much more basic stuff to learn first :+)

Why do you want to use it if you don't know what it means?
Well i do know alot of the basics...... ive been learning for about a year.... but we have a computer project coming up..... so i thought id employ this... i know how to use graphics.... but just dont know what rendering is....... can u plz give me a page which teaches all about it...... thnx alot TheIdeasMan
It depends on what graphics library you want to use. Google that and decide which you want to use.

Looking at your other posts, I still think you need to learn more basics. If you are not sure about classes, how are you going to go using a C++ library?
Well.... i do know graphics and they've just started class concept at high school. im just trying to create a game for my project but the only thing i think i need is rendering... so i just would like to know what library would be good... thnx
Rendering has nothing to do with coding a game and there is no library for it. It is a separate process performed by a graphics rendering engine (like OGRE3D) that takes 3D models and lighting information and generates a 2D image suitable for display. If you still want to learn about it it is a fascinating study but this is not the place to learn about it. Just Google: "Graphics Rendering" and you will have pages and pages of info. If you want to get your feet wet I suggest you download the free Blender3D animation program: https://www.blender.org/

BTW, if you really want to get into this stuff, I hope you have some serious math skills! ;-)
is this for c++??? and thnx sooooo much.....
btw i luv math and my mum's a math teacher.... so yeah

when i download this, how do i use it in c++? my teacher specifically told us to use c++
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.