C++ Roadmap

Is there any specific guidelines on what to learn and when to learn it.

I have been on tons of different programming sites, and they all seem to do it differently, Some start with variables , some go for operators , some start with Hello world and continues with explaining Include <>. some start with functions, I don't need it to be all over the map.

what I would like and need is a comprehensive guide that takes one topic of a time, goes deep into each topic, so I can train and take notes on one subject of a time. Any1 here that can recommend where to go or what to start with.

Kind regards Dennis

And also, what would be the best way to learn, just go with the basic and learn every subject one by one,

Or

use toturials and build some simple programs and learn that way
Hello Dennis,

If you would like a deep understanding of a language I would recommend reading a good book. There are lots on programming but make sure to get yourself a beginner one. Like C++ primer, C++ for dummies etc.

I wouldn't recommend youtube I have failed to find any decent programming tutorials on YouTube. Especially any that go beyond "this is a class, it just is" and "this is a variable just use it the way I tell you to".

In my humble experience practice is the best teacher. Learn the language first, what proceeds what, how the program flows etc. Secondly you should learn the standard library, the functions and classes that you can build from.
Yes, what you need is practice. You don't need to know everything about the language, but the more you know about the better you can turn a certain problem into code.

Is there any specific guidelines on what to learn and when to learn it.
No. I suggest that you find something you're interested in and try to make it work. That reduces the risk that you lose interest in this subject.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.