How do I copy a project ?

Hi

I use DEVC++ very sparingly for some small projects. So I am not that familiar with the environment. I need to copy (and then rename) an old project and experiment with some new stuff.

How do I make such a copy?

I need to make this new project an independent one, different name, different folder. And I want to make sure it does not accidentally see the old .cpp or .h files or anything else.

I tried "Save project as" but this did not work. I am sure this task is ridiculously simple, but after an hour and several trials I could not do it.

Last edited on
Hello,
Have you tried copying the Dev C++ project folder in the file explorer and pasting it in a different location?
Yes, I did.

I also renamed the original folder, to prevent linking to it. Then I tried to rename the main files (.cpp .h etc). It did not work.
@bobpit

The way I do it, is to copy the source code first. Open your IDE and create a new project. Paste the old source code in, make your changes then save, compile, etc.
My mistake, you were right guys.

Here are some stupid proof instructions:
1) Make a directory (for example c:\proj2\ ) and copy there all the files from the project 1 directory.
2) Go to c:\proj2 and rename (if you want) the .dev file to something else (for example proj2.dev )
3) Double click on the c:\proj2\proj2.dev and start working on the new project.

Thank you for your help.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.