stdlib.h problem with _DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION

In stdlib.h, I have an error on these two lines.

_DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION(_set_pgmptr, char *, _pgmptr)
_DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION(_set_wpgmptr, wchar_t *, _wpgmptr)

In my humble opinion, something is missing after char * and wchar_t * Isn't ?
How can I correct these 2 lines ?

Jean
There should not be an error in the standard library headers.
What C++ compiler are you using?
Visual Studio 2010 ...

I have 'herited' a VS2005 solution and I must "translate' it to VS2010 and I am not an expert in Windows stuff !!
I would suggest to make an entire new project with VS2010 and change the required settings by hand. This shouldn't be that problematic.

Transforming an old solution to a new one might be problematic depending on the settings. Maybe there is a wrongful path.
Last edited on
In fact, it's what I have done. In the beginning I had a huge numbers of errors due to path problem. Now I have only a hundred errors. But the less error I have the more difficult it is to solve them (is that understandable).

In that particular case, it's the first time I see we can be allowed to only give 'char *' without a name .

Jean
In that particular case, it's the first time I see we can be allowed to only give 'char *' without a name .
It is a macro (i.e. #define) controlled by the preprocessor not the compiler.

The error may occur if you have

#define _DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION...

somewhere else in your code.
HI, I 'find in all files' for _DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION in vain.

the code is
#ifndef _INTERNAL_IFSTRIP_

_DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION(_set_pgmptr, char *, _pgmptr)
_DEFINE_SET_FUNCTION(_set_wpgmptr, wchar_t *, _wpgmptr)

#endif  /* _INTERNAL_IFSTRIP_ */ 

I don't know what _INTERNAL_IFSTRIP_ is for; but I put it in 'preprocesor definition' and now I can compile. I mean I can go on compiling all other errors of the solution (I have a lot). I'll come back to _INTERNAL_IFSTRIP_ later.

Thanks for your help
Jean
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.