Is there a way to open matlab ?

I'm writing code which reads data from a text file and sorts it. I would like to plot the data in MATLAB so I was wondering if there is a way to open matlab like there is a way to open your web browser. What's the syntax? and what library would I have to include?
PS if I use '.m' when using ofstream would that create a MATLAB script in which I could import the data?
you can start any executable with C++commands.

Try the executable name for matlab followed by the file name in question. This won't execute it though. It puts it up ready to go, I think.

.m is just a text file just like .cpp is just a text file. Matlab will understand it.

Matlab has a way to generate c or C++ code (I forget) which can do some stuff, but I don't know if it can plot. It for sure can do the matrix math this way, though its rather slow. If you bought the stuff to do this, and if it can plot, that is the way to go. You will have to refer to their docs on what to include and how to get it working. At 20k or whatever it is a pop, they should support you if ask how to do it.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.