Writing codes together

hi

I have a friend and we want to learn code, is there some program where we can write codes together?
I'm not aware of any program like that, anyway there are online editors that grant access to more than one person at the same time.
You could also take advantages of the share screen utility for example of Skype: I've used in the past and found it pretty useful.

I think one of the best features of C++ is the code can be split into parts (classes, functions...) and created separately. If you are starting now, perhaps it could be a bit difficult, but later you'll find it natural to write code that way.

Sorry, can't help more than this.
Are you looking for a program to write and test code? For that you just need an ide or (if you want to learn how to use the command line) a text editor and a command line. If that is the case there are good free ones out there I personally use Code Blocks when I'm at school and Visual Studio Code and the built in terminal at home. Then just find a book about c++. A quick google search will give you a few pdfs or check out a book at your local library.

If you wanted a program that will teach you to code the only thing I can think of is maybe Sonic Pi. It taught me concepts about programming by making music.
once you have a little bit of introductory work and practice done, you can try to build something together. Talk through who is doing what. Making the pieces fit together will give you tons of experience, both in putting things together and in designs that fit together nicely.

If you are just starting out, I advise doing simple programs yourself and then comparing the code and talking about it afterwards. That would teach you by doing and again by looking at it another way.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.