I'm so stuck!!!

I'm working on programming a sort of add-on function for an existing program and totally stuck on permanently changing a value after a triggered event. Basically the event triggers when a condition first changes from true to false, but the way I've been going about it... the new value only remains for a brief moment after the change... wanting to permanently change the value until a second condition changes it. Here's a simplified version of what I have without all the additional verbiage for the existing program.

Condition_A[Index] = 0 //by default

if(X[Index-1] ==1 && X[Index] ==0){
    "Condition_A[Index] =1; }

//Currently A only equals 1 immediately after X changes from 1 to 0 then resets to the default value of zero... I need it to remain.

When do you do Condition_A[Index] = 0;?
Only before any events, or during each event?
It is the default... but also needed to stay at zero until the it is triggered... I've tried creating different loops, thinking there has to be a way to tell it to permanently change the value when this happens.. just not really sure of the terminology I should be looking up
"is default" as in "is set 0 at start"? That is ok.

"needed to stay at zero until"?
No. A variable will not change unless you change it.
There is thus no need to touch it.

You will only change it to 1, "when triggered".
I understand all of that... let me explain a little more [index-1] represents 1 minute ago and [index] is current minute. Because what I'm doing requires "X" to be "1" a minute ago and "0" currently... It only changes "X" for 1 minute... then it reverts back to zero...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.