word processor

Write a simple word processor. This processor can check for start of sentences, after a period or full stop the word should start with capital letter. If the word is in caps than the program will ask the user if a period have been left out. If the user confirm it than the program will make adjustment to the text. And after a period there should be two spaces. The program will correct this. The user can continue this program until he answer Yes he wants to stop. The processor can do alphabet count from a to z and spaces, word count, and sentence count. Use file IO to develop this program and keep a log file to capture the user’s activity. The user can choose to edit a file, do alpha count by selecting an alphabet, do space count, word count and sentence count. The user can also select a file to be edited. One the activity is done the program will ask if the user wants to work with anther file. All this activity will be captured with time stamp onto the log file.

I'm new to c++. This is my first assignment and i dont know how to start. Can anyone help me out?
Hello Rajesh23,

This is a lofty goal for a beginner. Even with what I know I and what I have done in the last year and a half I would have problems.

A better approach would be to start with something simpler until you have a better understanding of C++. This may be of some use for programs that you might be able to do: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/

Should this turn out to be more than you are ready for let me know and give me an idea of what you do know and I will see what I can come up with.

Hope that helps,

Andy
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.