Looking for someone willing to help for beer money.

Im not a coder, just a regular advance computer user (good to search on google than the average person).I use emulators alot to play retro games, and im looking for someone that would help me achieve something that was achieved in the past but the information is lost. Anyway , ill try to explain the best i can.
I use MAME to play retro games, very popular emulator and its open source. Lately i have build a couple of games with outputs, such a lights, leds,and coin dispensers. Now in the past , someone managed to modify the code in order for those games to dispense coins correctly. I do have the compiled version that works just perfect, but it was version 142. Now i would like to be able to achieve the same with the current version, but to be honest , i read the code to many times and it seems i cant really find a way to do it.
I was just wondering if theres someone that its willing to help for beer money. Thanks for any help.

Here are the steps i think it needs to be achieved.

1 Look at the game code to find the hopper (coin dispenser) function.
2 Look at the main code to add the key wich will return the value for each coin dispensed so the game can discount or count the the coins

the code for the game, wich is called driver , you can see it here
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/multfish.cpp

thanks for any help.
Last edited on
So you have the modified code based on a prior version of multfish.cpp, and you want to modify multfish.cpp in the same way? It sounds like all you need to do is find the version of multfish.cpp on which your code is based, get the differences, and apply those differences to the current version.
Sorry for the confusion, no I don't have the code from the previews version, only the compiled executable, and since the information of what part of the code was modify to achieve this is lost, in looking for someone that can help to make that happen again.
Depending on what you mean by beer money ( :) ), you may want to enable private messaging on a question like this if you want to establish a communication on a deal. That probably won't be properly discussed in public view.
theres a jobs section. seems he wants code for money.
I'll use the job sección instead ,thanks guys.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.