cv2

I need the cv2 library on visual studio 2017 but it seems impossible to install.
I keep getting error E1696 and I am not sure at this point what to do.
Does anyone have any idea?
That means the compiler can't find a file you told it to #include.

Which means that you need to identify which file, ensure it is on your hard drive, and then in your project settings add that directory to the include directories.
I am not really following you, since anytime I want to " #include " a library,
it just works, never get this kind of error.
How to put it in my hard drive?
and what to do in my project settings step by step ?
#include "someFile.h" is an instruction to the compiler (actuallythe "preprocessor") to find an actual file on your PC named someFile.h and to copy it, exactly, into the place where you wrote #include "someFile.h" . Letter for letter, as if you had carefully copied out that file named someFile.h yourself.

So now do you understand why not having the file on your hard-drive would be a problem? How can the compiler copy a file that doesn't exist? It can't.

I am not really following you, since anytime I want to " #include " a library,
it just works, never get this kind of error.
#include does NOT "include a library". #include copies a text file into the place where you wrote #include .

So what text file are you trying to #include? Does it exist on your hard drive?

it seems impossible to install.

It won't just magically be on your hard drive. Did you download it?
Last edited on
cv2? is that OpenCV? If you still can't figure it out, link to us the site you're trying to download the library from.

Some libraries are header-only and will just work by #including the right file, but others require linking against other compiled library files.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.