Removing Pending IPC OBJECTS (System V)

Hello Guys.. i looked for an answare to my question online.. but nothing has been found.. Maybe because there's no an answare to my question??
By the way this is my question:

Working with IPC Objects (System V), i've seen that if a SIGINT (of something else) stop my Process, all IPCs Object opened will be pending.
Is there a way to implement a set of instruction that delete the opened IPC Object from the interrupted Process?.

Thanks guys.
Last edited on
¿which library?
I use System V IPC Objects.

I usually include sys.sem/ipc...
Add a signal handler for SIGINT.

Either clean up directly in the signal handler, or set a flag indicating that main() should do some cleanup of it's own.

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/signal-safety.7.html
I can use a signal handler, yes.. but when process stops critically?
I can't clean the IPC Objects with a new execution.. because i cant know the previou key_t returned..

I was looking for a way to get all opened memory segment (and then close it) but even this case is not possible, there's some memory segment used by OS.
What does "stops critically" mean?

A SIGKILL.. but not necessary a signal..
For example if im testing a source, and i forgot to detach some IPC segment?
I run this source 10 times and i generate 200 IPC Object..
What i thought was: "If i can clean all IPC Object left opened at the new source run?"
I thought to use a file that store all KEY_T opened object and then cleaning with a new RUN..
The signal handler will get you most of the way there. The remaining problems are if you get a SIGKILL or encounter an error while trying to do the cleanup.

You could store some recovery data (the KEY_T that you mention?) in a recovery file. When you shutdown normally, you delete the file. When you start up, see if the file exists. If so then you know that the previous instance exitted unexpectedly and you can use the data in the file to clean up.

Be sure to flush the recovery file (and possibly sync() it) when you're done writing to it. You don't want the process to crash with the recovery data still unflushed.
Thanks all guys! ;)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.