Need advice on how to learn c++

So, a few months ago, I signed up for an online university to learn how to program. I'm in the first programming course and I'm not happy at all the way they're teaching it. In a normal college, you hear a lecture, then read a chapter, then they assign a task to write a program using the skills you just learned.

This online university isnt working that way. I'm reading a lot and making small modifications to code already written, but I'm not writing any code from scratch. The only time I'm assigned to write a code from scratch is the final project. So, I decided I dont like it and just dropped.

I need to learn how to program c++, then probably c# or java. I need to read something then have tests to quiz me on what I just read and also assignments to write programs using the skills I just read. Does anyone know where I can learn like this online?
Coursera...? I think it’s paid, I took it for a bit, it has a vid, then a test, and you can ask them stuff I think I don’t remember very well though. I only did it for a bit, but yeah. Seems to fit what you want.
edx is really nice as well.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.