Game programming recruiting

Pages: 123
So when or how do we start? Who will lead us?
lets just stick to good old msn

But then people have to get MSN accounts and install MSN messenger (which, AFAIK I can't do here on Ubuntu =( )

IRC is something anyone can just pick up and use. No need to register / sign up for an account.

IRC is the superior option here. In fact I'd go so far as to say IRC makes all other IM programs obsolete.
i love it. . . what kind of game do you prepare. . . i had some.. . i guess this is a minor game ^^.
I made tic tac toe and 4 in a row :P

If you want the code just leave a PM or tell over MSN

xander.deseyn@telenet.be
I'm interested in collaborating.
I'm currently playing with generation of custom-sized sudokus (non-solved with unique solution) and I'd be especially interested in making a puzzle game. I don't have any knowledge of OpenGL or Direct3D, but maybe I can help with the GUI if there will be one.
I can also code in C# or Java if it's needed. Send me a PM.
lol, guys, first eberyone needs c++ practise of like a year, and 2nd then move onto windows programming and direct x, the aim here is to guide each other through, adn soon make a game
lol, guys, first eberyone needs c++ practise of like a year, and 2nd then move onto windows programming and direct x, the aim here is to guide each other through, adn soon make a game

Or you could pick up a game lib like SFML and start making a game right away (after you have the basics of the language understood).

We really need to break the myth that graphics are complicated.
I don't agree the fact that you need a year, you DEFINATELY need a strong understanding of the language before you start with graphics.. I'm not sure if I'm for falling under any projects right now as far as coding, but I'd be willing to give a guide/advice, but I'm a little short on time during the weeks between DE classes and extracurricular stuff.. And IRC chat is best because of not needing logon names, get at my on my email, and I'll try to help atleast coordinate this. I need to get a list of whos interested and what timezones they are in to try and figure out a good time of the day for everyone, so just get at me jamort@netzero.com
I don't agree the fact that you need a year, you DEFINATELY need a strong understanding of the language before you start with graphics

Why? Why does everyone think this? This is a total falacy!

What makes a simple graphics lib any harder than iostream?

I've been coding C++ for well over 10 years now and the way cin parses strings still confuses me.
Last edited on
By understanding I mean know how to use loops, conditionals, switch, basically know how to use the language
ok fine, wel use xchat
that the only one avaliable in my country, the others r band cause otherwise the phone companies would go bankrupt
/me joins above channel and being idling
I got xchat too... what's our channel?
Assuming the above link is the channel we're using

server: quakenet
channel: #cplusplus

I joined this morning and am idling... but I'm at work during the day so I won't be active until the afternoon.
If you are using linux, i'd recommend irssi/xchat/quassel, windows i'd recommend mIRC, also how about the channel i posted, died? theres already 2 users from here are online there but idleing.
Last edited on
Disch wrote:

But then people have to get MSN accounts and install MSN messenger (which, AFAIK I can't do here on Ubuntu =( )

have you tried aMSN? It works fine for me
Last edited on
Disch wrote:
and install MSN messenger (which, AFAIK I can't do here on Ubuntu

Pretty much all multi-protocol messengers support MSN. That includes Empathy, Kopete and Pidgin.
(still, that doesn't make MSN any more suitable for project coordination)
Last edited on
ah, nevermind then. XD

Shows how much I know/care about IM programs.
alright... all we need now is to figure a time that works well for everyone... I'm opened anytime tomorrow night through sunday just need to know when
Pages: 123