C++ input/output surface area

I have to make a program that calculates the sum of the surface areas of four geometric figures and outputs the total square footage of it.

The program works by reading a txt file for the measurements, doing the calculation itself and outputs a txt file with the answer.

I really have no idea what to do or how to start. I'm not good with C++, so any kinda help would be great... like web sites that show me how I can do this... or anything.

THANKS!
You need to read a file, so look up information on File I/O. (<-- Good search term) After getting the data, you can read the measurements into variables and compute a surface area from there. Then it is as simple as taking the sum of the all surface areas and displaying it.
So what I have to do is use the File Input/output thing so it can read the txt file and compute it.... and then use variables so it can create a formula and follow it.
Yes.
You're going to need to think about how the text file are going to be structured to get an idea of how to parse them into your program.

If you could supply a sample of your text file, I might be able to give you more specific help.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.