QT Platform

ok im just started to learn qt because iv gotten good enouf with C++ to move on and id like to start makeing small aplications...But i dont understand what this is all about... do i make the application in qt then code it in C++ or something?

Thanks in advance sorry if this is a really noobish question...
Last edited on
Hi johnnyj2

Usually you have an IDE the allows you to develop a Qt application. I am hoping you already have this. I develop Qt using KDevelop on Linux. KDevelop is my IDE (it uses QtDesigner) . QtDesigner allows you to create the bits of your app such as menus, forms etc. The C++ code is done KDevelop.

The other way is to use QDevelop, which is an IDE specifiacally for Qt. I have heard that QDevelop is not as mature as KDevelop, it has less features and more bugs.

I am not sure how much code QtDesigner will write for you, because the simple example I started with meant that I had to write code to create a new menu for example. I am sure it's possible to use QtDesigner or QDevelop to create menus, forms with controls on them etc, and it produces code to create all these. You then only have to write code that actually does something.

On my system, when you first start a project, it allows you to use a template that creates a project with basic things already in it.

hope this helps
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.