Can CryENGINE code C++?

I was wondering if CryEngine can use/code C++. I got no programming experience. However I did made 2D games on GameMaker 8.1 but I must pay $25 just to script things on there and make MMORPG/Shooting games. All I can make on there is mazes and shoot em up..... So I'm like mehh screw it and start on making a 3D game.....

Edit: still learning/reading "How to program C++"
Last edited on
Yes. In cryengine, you code your game using c++ in visual c++ 2010(or visual studio anyway) (comes with solution file). You can also use flowgraph but its limited. But you can add flownodes to engine with c++.
You first create level in editor and than code "crygame.dll" file using c++. This file is the game. You can rename it and select game dll file from editor.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/74207/

Why did you make a new thread? I already recommended CryEngine. ; )

Word of advice, don't try and jump head first into 3D game programming. It's difficult and you will need a solid foundation in C++ and a basic knowledge of linear algebra to exceed. Then you need to become familiar with the libraries you game engine offers.

That said, CryEngine offers the best features in terms of graphics but like I said, you need experienced programmers to take advantage of the DirectX features.

You also need artists to render the 3D models using an app like Blender or 3DSMax. It is pretty tricky stuff, especially creating the animations for the models.

Good luck.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.