can someome please guide me thanks

ok here is the program i need to write...Write a program that takes in 50 values and prints out the highest, the lowest, the average and
then all 50 input values, one per line. ok i will post what i have so far but i'm stuck. i just need a little nudge as i would like to solve this my self, i started with the top down method and decide to write the loop for putting the values but when i go to try and get it to add all the values and average it thats where i'm having problems. also i used 5 instead of 100 as it would be easier to manage for debugging, and i didn't get around to the sort function yet as i am trying to solve the first part i attached the code your help is greatly apprieciated.

#include <iostream>
#include <string>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
	int arrayValues[5];
	int sum = 0;
	int total = 0;
	int average = 0;

for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
	{
		cout << "Please enter the values: ";
		cin >> arrayValues[i];

}//end of arrayValues for loop

cout << "The sum is: " << total + sum << endl;

}//end of main 
chaosGlaaze,

int average = 0;

int is not a good choice for this variable ( because of integer division)- make it float or double.

You need to accumulate the total inside the for loop. Calc the average after the for loop.

Are total & sum the same thing?

Edit:
You also need code to do the lowest & highest in the for loop.
Last edited on
okay first of all u need to add total with your array's value inside that loop

for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++)
	{
		cout << "Please enter the values: ";
		cin >> arrayValues[i];
                total += arrayValues[i]; //this will add your array's value to total;

}//end of arrayValues for loop 

i dont think u need

cout << "The sum is: " << total+sum<<endl;

instead just do :

cout<< "The sum is: " <<total<<endl;

and for average, u should use double/float , (except u want to get the average in lower precision)

so u get the total, and u know the number of values in the array

average = total / 5;

for highest and lowest, i think this http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/77237/ will help u
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.