Beginners - August 2018 (Page 5)

by DTM256
Ws2_32.lib is not on my system

Hey guys, Both my work computer and home computer just doesn't have the Ws2_32.lib library. I've searched all the folders and ... nothing. I do have Ws2_32.d...
[6 replies] Last: This is a linker error and not a run-time error, correct? Assuming, a... (by Ganado)
Multidimensional array on heap.

Hi! I have a question. I have the following code: short int some_var1 = 20; short int some_var2 = 30; const int some_const1 = 5; const int some_...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you all for you replies! I'll think about it. (by teodor0xcb)
Header guards (1,2,3)

Hello there, I am going through proper header handling. I learned about the header guard technique here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/10627/ //...
[45 replies] Last: Ah, you mean just scale R before calling overlap and only give R to th... (by PhysicsIsFun)
by Ch1156
Creating different weapons in class (1,2,3,4)

So i'm making a game where you fight dinosaurs in an arena, there will be different weapons. Instead of creating each weapon individually, I want to create one ...
[67 replies] Last: Just to reiterate this, really pay attention to these things: [quote=... (by TheIdeasMan)
Print the largest divisor of a number , different then him.

Hy there ! Print the largest divisor of a number , different then him. E.c: So if I type 12 , it must show me the biggest divisor different then h...
[5 replies] Last: wish you best , helped me a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (by WalterCC)
by applj
Generate non-repetitive random numbers without array

I'm fairly new to c++ and I'm making a random number generator program. Update: I've already done the generator part but the program requires that the rand...
[12 replies] Last: [Edit: bitmap<> should have been bitset<>] You don't need the clearVe... (by dhayden)
Doesn't compile

My code doesn't compile, I'm pretty sure the error is in the *inputscores function. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? #include <iostream> #include ...
[4 replies] Last: C++ is case sensitive, you declare int Tests(); on line 15, but defi... (by Ganado)
how to accept input from a file.

I want to make a class whose object has three data members which are firstname,lastname and age. I have inputs in a file with details of one object space separa...
[3 replies] Last: Just call getline i-1 times and start the input from there (by Thomas1965)
Integration question

My last math question here for the day,I just have one more and I think it's more a scientific notation question but not too sure, any how, I am trying to...
[11 replies] Last: thanks guys much appreciated, I've been programming for approx 2 year... (by adam2016)
Why my program is going to infinite loop

Write a loop that sets newScores to oldScores shifted once left, with element 0 copied to the end. Ex: If oldScores = {10, 20, 30, 40}, then newScores = {20, 30...
[6 replies] Last: @icy1, why should calling a function count as writing a loop? Also why... (by Thomas1965)
Need help with Arrays

For example, I entered : Enter a number: 5 Enter element 0 values: 10 Enter element 1 values: 20 Enter element 2 values: 30 Enter element 3 values: 40 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, it finally worked I changed the : Lines 9, 13, 1... (by kramsuiluj)
Help with equations inside of code? Newb...

I need help calculating the (x,y) position at each time step I was provided with in the .txt file. As well as displaying it on the screen, these are the equatio...
[4 replies] Last: You need to loop over the vectors ... float pos_x = 0.f, po... (by nuderobmonkey)
by H00G0
Storing text in program.

Hello people! I have a question that may sound odd and easily bypass-eable but it strikes my curiosity so I will ask it. My question is the following: Assume...
[13 replies] Last: The std::string class's limit is going to be whatever your computer ca... (by Ganado)
by RCPP
Input Validation

Hello everyone. I am trying to validate the user input but since I'm using unsigned long long, I'm unable to check against negative numbers. I only want the app...
[2 replies] Last: @JLBorges - Thank you! Although, it would be better to have predefined... (by RCPP)
differentiation question

hey guys, I'm in a pickle here,I have a maths exam tomorrow and just looking for help,but I am not breaking the rules as calculus or differentiation has it's...
[6 replies] Last: Just practice it a few times with different numbers/angles (that you c... (by Ganado)
Arrays with for loops

Array testGrades contains NUM_VALS test scores. Write a for loop that sets sumExtra to the total extra credit received. Full credit is 100, so anything over 100...
[3 replies] Last: @Repeater When I replaced (testGrades /100); with (testGrades -10... (by philip1999)
Passing Array to function

I get 1 as output. Do you what causes that problem? By the way the function is located in a header file. I tried everything I could. Really. main.cpp: int...
[8 replies] Last: MikeyBoy Thanks for the tip I'll take a look at that (by TRGraphix)
Any reason to use std::string anymore?

With std::string_view, is there any reason to prefer std::string over std::string_view now? I didn't even know std::string_view existed.
[9 replies] Last: Note that much of the differences in performance in Bartek's benchmark... (by Peter87)
business idea of making a mobile app

Greetings to all! I need a sort of advice! I have a business idea of making a mobile app. Maybe someone among you have an experience of creating applications ...
[4 replies] Last: If you want to talk to people on this forum about that you should put ... (by mwell008)
error C2280 - attempting to reference a deleted function

Hi guys, this piece of code struct Test { Test() {}; Test(const Test&) = delete; Test& operator=(const Test&) = delete; }; int main(int arg...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys. (by Unspoken)
August 2018 Pages: 1... 34567... 15
  Archived months: [jul2018] [sep2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.