Beginners - February 2017 (Page 4)

I must be making a few simple mistakes, but i can't find them and it's making me.... AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! **Smash computer

So I'm trying to write a code that calculates ride fares and it's just about complete, but there's a small problem... when I run this code the final function do...
[2 replies] Last: That was it! Thank you so much! (by Baconator)
PNG Loading

Hi, I code for fun, nothing comercial going with me, so I decided to work with gl.h glu.h and windows.h, everything nice, once I realised something, how do I lo...
[6 replies] Last: If you want to load and display PNG from scratch you will go nowhere b... (by Pattako)
this -> keyword C++

What is this-> ? What is its purpose ? What else can be replaced for it? Somewhere around lines 25-30 in the code. I found it online on tutorials point websit...
[1 reply] : http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/this (by keskiverto)
Not sure why the last bit of my code isn't working.

I'm trying to make a code to calculate a ride fare, but I'm getting hung up. When i run my program, everything after my if statements doesn't seem to be working...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, such simple little mistakes. Thanks for your assistance! (by Baconator)
by dipzki
hi, i am new here.

hi guys, i wonder if someone could help me with my problem. i was given a problem , i need to multiply by 5 and add by 2 the random numbers wich will be ...
[1 reply] : int num = 0; std::cout << "enter a number: "; std::cin >> num; std::... (by integralfx)
Explicit vs Implicit conversion

Hey guys, my text book is somewhat confusing on this topic. I know that even if div is of type double, the integer division is done before assignment, so div...
[1 reply] : > What is implicit conversion exactly? An implicit conversion is any... (by JLBorges)
by w4ssup
copy char pointer to string

I have static char sID = "888888"; static char pin = "8888"; static std::string postData = ""; and In a function I want to pass the first string to po...
[2 replies] Last: thanks my dude, works perfectly (by w4ssup)
by pmi
NAN in program output

Hey I tried to run a code, but the output is NAN, Can anyone help me? thanks Window Trail #860 sq var.: nan Window Trail #861 sq var.: nan Window Trial #...
[4 replies] Last: The NaN values are used to identify undefined or non-representable v... (by integralfx)
Question regarding using eof in a while loop.

My professor assigned us a project that requires us to use "eof" (quotation marks for emphasis) in a "while" loop. I have done quite a bit of research and reali...
[4 replies] Last: Have a look at the tutorials on this site and here is the section on i... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Failing to Pass values correctly

I'm trying to assign a fraction but when i run it its giving me an incredibly large number so guessing that its not being passed correctly. It works fine whe...
[2 replies] Last: thank you....i really appreciate it (by bmccormack)
by wasey
New to Valgrind, help interpreting?

Can someone help explain what Valgrind is telling me? I have a void function named smallSort2 that takes as parameters the addresses of three int variables and...
[1 reply] : int *ptr1; int *ptr2; int *ptr3; int temp; *ptr1 = *a; *ptr2 =... (by cire)
Treasure hunt Game

Hi Guys! I've been asked to make a treasure hunt game. Anyone wanna help me out with it, I've got some basic coding so far at home, so I cant put it here. ...
[3 replies] Last: 1. You use extern too excessively without knowing what it means . 2... (by Pattako)
Unlimited size palindrome

I need some help with a homework assignment. I'm really new to C++ and I'm not sure what search terms to even enter to learn how to do what is being asked of me...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you. (by GoonerBrian)
Looping question?

So, I'm trying to figure out how to get everything within the cout lines to repeat if the user puts 'Y' in the "Would you like to enter information for another ...
[2 replies] Last: @ joe864864, When I compiled the program here the compiler gave me a ... (by Handy Andy)
Cursor INSIDE an 8x8 grid.

How would I get my cursor to move INSIDE the grid? My grid. extern char mainGrid = { { 'X','X','X','X','X','X','X','X', }, { 'X','X','X','X','X','...
[no replies]
Networking protocols

I'm not sure if this is a direct question relating to c++ but it could be,anyway how do networking protocols work and mainly are these protocols written in a pr...
[3 replies] Last: I'm sure what Joe meant is there are books with thousands of pages jus... (by SamuelAdams)
Problem changing the program

Hello, I have a problem. I type the code, I run the program and it works. Then I delete the cout, run again and it still shows the result from last time. I don'...
[3 replies] Last: I found out the problem, thank you for your help, i appreciate it. (by elciobandante)
Stuck in Infinite Loop

I am a new student learning C++ for the first time. I am trying to write a code to play simplified form of Blackjack. I have run into a bit of a problem with m...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by hawleyluyah)
How to determine Lowest Card by Suit and Number?

I'm writing a game and im trying to determine who has the lowest card. I have written a function which determines every players (2-4) lowest card. Now I'm writ...
[3 replies] Last: I didnt overload the operator. I was just working with int so i just u... (by kingkush)
Multiple definition of class.

I have a error named "Multiple definition of class" and i really don't understand where is problem. It says error is here: #include <iostream> #include <wind...
[6 replies] Last: Your Welcome. Andy (by Handy Andy)
February 2017 Pages: 123456... 37
  Archived months: [jan2017] [mar2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.