Beginners - February 2018 (Page 3)

Pointer to an address of a row in a 2 dim array

Write your question here. Hi, I'm having a problem assigning a pointer with the address of a row in a 2 dimensional array int FindMaxArray(int array , int...
[3 replies] Last: OK, so let's start with a simpler example. Let's say we have the fol... (by Peter87)
Stuck With Creating Encryption Program

Hello everyone. I have been given an assignment that I've been struggling with. The idea is, the user needs to input a four digit number. If the number input...
[1 reply] : On line 35/42 you need to pass four parameter but you provide none. To... (by coder777)
Simon Says using For Loop

I'm absolutely lost; been working on this for about 4 hours straight yet! Any help would be appreciated:) "Simon Says" is a memory game where "Simon" output...
[2 replies] Last: I chose 10 since there are ten letters in the sequence and so the loop... (by juliabrushett)
Output doubles help

Hello I have finished coding an assignment and I am just having a frustrating problem getting my double whole values to be displayed as int values. For example...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iomanip/setprecision/ (by SamuelAdams)
by ZLAPQM
Finding Errors

Original: https://i.imgur.com/h1wZgHa.png Objective: sum all entered int values that are greater than 5 This is what I came up with: #include <iostream> usi...
[3 replies] Last: If you needed to hold the values, you would use an array of type int, ... (by Ganado)
Search in file handling error

Hello, i would like to ask about how to create search in file handling because whenever i try mine it always have this error of unable to open the file even tho...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ (by SamuelAdams)
Im back with another assignment.

Some help would be appreciated Not sure how to add images to this post so Ill try to explain to the bes tof my abilites. this assignment is meant to text loo...
[11 replies] Last: I got it, not completely but im like 95% done with it. added a few mor... (by newbstarter)
by jblsx8
Not returning the correct output

Hi. Below is my code for a deck of cards program. It only returns "Of" and does not return the face or suit I am looking for. I am able to see the face and sui...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you!! That fixed my problem! (by jblsx8)
Calculating the Average/Max/Min of the 5 grades.

Assignment: You are to create one variable to keep track of five grades which will be input by the user. You should also have another variable which calculate...
[1 reply] : How many times do you show "Enter a number" in the code? On which line... (by keskiverto)
How to set number of digits after decimal point for a float value?

without having to use setprecision when printing the variable out? Maybe I don't want to print the variable out, but I still want my program to recognize the va...
[1 reply] : floating point values are stored in IEEE format in bytes/binary. the... (by jonnin)
debugging a sorted list program

I'm getting compilation errors relating to my list constructor and I'm not sure what's wrong. In defense of the rest of it, my teacher is probably the worst I'v...
[1 reply] : The most obvious problem I missed was trying to call a void function t... (by dairyqueef)
Switch statement help

So I am new to C++ (obvious from the forum I'm posting in), and my teacher gave us an assignment this week regarding switch statements. I have a basic understan...
[4 replies] Last: @icy1, Thank you for the evaluation of my code. I honestly was just as... (by mamabear111407)
How do I use a vector to store numeric user input?

Basically, I am trying to figure out how I can allow the user to enter an unlimited number of white-space separated numbers, and then once I press enter, each o...
[4 replies] Last: Could you just take a line of numbers at a time and use stringstream? ... (by lastchance)
Pong game problem

so the video will explain better than I can in words, but the problem is that on the second rebound the ball bounces of the bottom wall then passes the side wa...
[3 replies] Last: n line 137's switch. You are doing ballx++ regardless of whether o... (by adam2016)
Help with syntax on function

Can i get some help on how to get the getMiddle function working? My syntax isnt working ive tried a bunch of things and nothing is working too well #incl...
[4 replies] Last: Interesting trail you're building here, aaronpeart. Let's take a trip... (by icy1)
I learned C++ Now what?

Hello For the past year I finally got into learning C++. I Picked up the C++ Primer Plus book and everything went pretty good. I want to make games, primari...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=brianbathorycpp]I Picked up the C++ Primer Plus [quote=rjphar... (by Cubbi)
Improve the chessboard program

So I have this professor who enjoys giving us assignments that are well out of the experience of everybody in my class. I am only just now reading through our b...
[4 replies] Last: heh, that's not too shabby ;P But yeah, you could lessen the number ... (by icy1)
Finding perfect number within 1 to input

I tried but i didnt manage to figure out the right way to find all perfect numbers from 1 to input pleaseee helppp #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[3 replies] Last: what do you think p is in the wiki page? Edit: since for this particu... (by icy1)
HELP!!!! Function definition is not allowed here

im have to a prefect number programme. It requires to input a positive integer and print the prefect number less than that Pleaseeee helppp heres my code If ...
[3 replies] Last: It appears that your for() loop only runs once. (by jlb)
Change a structure from other functions

I have a project that requires me to use a structure for a text based adventure game I made. I've completely made the game and I have a structure for a characte...
[2 replies] Last: Another description on splitting a project into multiple files: http:/... (by keskiverto)
February 2018 Pages: 12345... 28
  Archived months: [jan2018] [mar2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.