Beginners - January 2018 (Page 5)

Problem with function

Dear all, I did a small program on Linux to monitor the temperature of my processor. The programe works well, but I would like optimize it through a specifi...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for your kind reply and useful informations. Best regards, (by cherault)
homework

I have homework but i dont now how do it please help me The task is to sort a given sequence of numbers in a non-decreasing order. Entrance The first one a...
[2 replies] Last: Its a little big but 2M will fit... you will have to convert strings ... (by jonnin)
Fullscreen

I am making a windows application. I used a generic template. Now i know where and how to change width and height but i want to have my applicatio be fullscreen...
[5 replies] Last: Sadly, we are not interested in programming your application for you. ... (by Duthomhas)
Pancakes program

Hello, my name is Justin and i have just started coding two weeks ago. I was writing a program, that should ask 10 people how many pancakes have they ate for br...
[2 replies] Last: Hello JustinPlusPlus, Welcome to the forum. Since you are just getti... (by Handy Andy)
Printing Duplicate Lines

I have 50 lines of the grade results. All of them are in an output file successfully, except in the bottom of the file, the 50th line is duplicated. Sample Inp...
[2 replies] Last: I found the problem. I had one extra line in my inputfile. (by leewilliam236)
Switch statement infinite loop validation bug

I have written similar code before and I can not figure out what is wrong this time. All variables are declared as int and assigned to 0 prior to this section....
[4 replies] Last: I had tried adding the cin.clear() line before and thought that was... (by kilrothy)
Issues with if else statement

I am having issues with the code I am currently writing. I am trying to get and if else statement to work with the word True, and then if true count up a value....
[8 replies] Last: You don't need to use another variable to set the integer. // Examp... (by Hengry)
What Is a Good Book for A Beginner Learning C++?

Hello! I started learning C++ about one month ago and now I can make basic i/o programs, but since I am learning on my own, I have trouble with certain concep...
[2 replies] Last: Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate the suggestions! I will check t... (by Kevin211)
Searching An Array In A Function

Hello! [Note: This is a homework assignment. Just guidance on where my code is flawed and/or thoughts/suggestions/tips/etc. Thank you!] I am having issue...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both so much! I implemented some of the steps you suggested ... (by mykajean06)
by masony
do while loop and arrays...

I'm trying to solve this question. Write a program based on the requirements given below using c++ command. a. Get five floating point numbers from the user in...
[3 replies] Last: OK, thanks a lot both of you (by masony)
Super Easy, but alas I am clueless

So for this project I have to change all the characters in a picture we drew. Well rather the program needs to prompt the user to choose a character to change e...
[5 replies] Last: Well I was leaving a little of it for you to do... try it... roughly.... (by jonnin)
please help me fix and finish off my assignment

Question: An Internet service provider has three different subscription packages for its customers. Package A: For $9.95 per month 5 hours of access are provi...
[5 replies] Last: To give you an idea. #include <iostream> #include <string> int dis... (by chicofeo)
by Ephan
C++: Numbering lines in a for loop

Hi everyone, I have a question about numbering lines in a for loop. To demonstrate what I mean, here is a program that prints a right triangle made of numbe...
[2 replies] Last: oh man... i couldn't have guessed its this straight forwards.. Thank y... (by Ephan)
Working with For Loops

I am trying to write code that uses a for loop, starting with user input, that will each manipulation of the input over each iteration. For example if I wanted ...
[6 replies] Last: for (init; test; increment) body; is almost exactly the same as:... (by dhayden)
C++ Cards Project

I'm trying completing a book project: "Write a program that simulates a deck of 52 playing cards. The program should present a user with a menu that allows hi...
[16 replies] Last: I still think you're going to get penalized for not following the inst... (by dhayden)
not fast enough

So i have to write a programm that reads integers and if a) the number of positive integers is the same with negatives integers b) the sequence of posivite i...
[11 replies] Last: well it worked with only one queue and a few other changes :P. thanks ... (by lelekos)
txt file (i'm in emergency)

hi I wanna make a text file in my program and I want to insert 2 names and 2 numbers to it but I have a problem that when I add a new data the perivious one is ...
[2 replies] Last: Hengry is correct, here's a more concrete example. ofstream myfile... (by wizebin)
Problem with classes

what is a class?
[12 replies] Last: The 10 cent answer is that a class is a user defined type, much like '... (by jonnin)
by Demii
Dynamic Array Problems

Hello, i have very limited experience with dynamic memory and was writing a sample program that i am only have 1 issue with. As you can see in the program it as...
[5 replies] Last: Note: You use both MAXNAME and literal 10 in your code. It is hard to ... (by keskiverto)
IFSTREAM file not outputting anything?

Why is this code not outputting anything? I tried doing cout << payroll_size but it was giving me errors. How do I fix this? Please help /...
[2 replies] Last: You are not getting any visible output because you are not printing ou... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
January 2018 Pages: 1... 34567... 22
  Archived months: [dec2017] [feb2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.